Do you have concerns about falling that cause you to restrict your daily activities?
Local Senior Service Providers have joined together to support seniors in preventing falls, reducing their risk, and increasing their strength and balance through an award winning program A MATTER OF BALANCE.
Join Us at our Next Session
A MATTER OF BALANCE emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. Join us to learn to set realistic goals to increase activity, change their environment to reduce fall risk factors, and learn simple exercises to increase strength and balance. Attendees are asked to commit to all classes for 8 weeks. Registration Required. No drop-ins.
• Feb 7 - Mar 27, 2020 | Fridays | 1:30 am - 3:30 pm @ East Cliff Village in Live Oak (Santa Cruz County)
• Feb 5 - Feb 28, 2020 | Wed & Fri | 1:00 am - 3:00 pm @ Sally Griffin Center in Pacific Grove (Monterey County)
• Jun 3 - Jun 26, 2020 | Wed & Fri | 12:00 am - 2:00 pm @ Oldemeyer Center in Seaside (Monterey County)
• Sept 2 - Sept 25, 2020 | Wed & Fri | 1:00 am - 3:00 pm @ Sally Griffin Center in Pacific Grove (Monterey County)
• Oct 7 - Oct 30, 2020 | Wed & Fri | 12:00 am - 2:00 pm @ Oldemeyer Center in Seaside (Monterey County)
Express Interest in an Upcoming Class in Monterey or Santa Cruz County. We will follow up with info about availability and our next session options.
Why Attend These Workshops?
Falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans and yet many incidents are preventable. If you have concerned about falls, have fallen in the past, or are interested in improving your balance, flexibility or strength then this class is right for you.
Volunteer as a Matter of Balance Coach
Are you interested in helping older adults build their confidence and mobility? Do you enjoy leading groups? We are looking for volunteers who have the desire, time, and leadership skills to facilitate our classes. We provide coaches training and certification to ensure you have the tools needed. View the job description to learn more and email us to express interest.
Falls Prevention Resources
Check out the resources available to support you in your efforts to remain safe and active.
Helping Hands Senior Home Repair - This Volunteer Center program provides free safety related home modifications to keep you safe in your home. Do you need grab bars, handrails, or new steps? Learn More
National Council on Aging- Provides a variety of information and resources seniors. Visit their website
Contact Us for More Information
For more information please call Lisa Macon at 831-427-5070 ext. 106 or email email@example.com