Nominate your Volunteer Hero to receive a Be the Difference Award!
Do you know an individual, business, nonprofit, or community group who makes their moments matter through volunteerism?
Nominate them for a Be the Difference Award!
The Annual Be the Difference Awards, hosted by the Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz County and sponsored by Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, honors the top 50 individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses who do the most to transform Santa Cruz County through volunteerism.
Nominations are due by March 29.
The Be the Difference Awards Luncheon will be held on May 24, 2023
at the Cocoanut Grove Ballroom in Santa Cruz, CA.
A panel of community leaders reviews nominations with consideration for the amount of volunteer effort, overall impact on the community, and how the nominee inspires others to Be the Difference. Then, on May 24, 2023, we all come together to honor these dedicated volunteers at an inspiring awards luncheon at the Cocoanut Grove Ballroom on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk!
Nominating is easy! Here’s how:
- Choose an individual, community group/nonprofit organization, or business to nominate – up to three nominations may be submitted per person, organization, or business.
- Complete this form for each nomination you submit.
- Return the nomination form by March 29, 2023.
- Then, save the date of May 24 and plan to join the fun in honoring the folks who strive to Be the Difference for our community!
Nominees are honored for their volunteer efforts in SIX different categories:
- Promotes Social & Economic Justice for All
- Provides Health & Wellness for All
- Supports Strong Families and Empowers Youth
- Builds a Green & Sustainable Community
- Creates Vibrant Arts & Culture Experiences
- Rebuilds Our Community After Disaster
And remember – you may nominate
- an individual who makes unpaid contributions of time (and heart!) to help transform the community through volunteerism;
- a nonprofit or community group that utilizes volunteers to support their mission in the county; or
- a local business that gives back to the community by supporting and encouraging employee volunteerism.