Nominate your Volunteer Hero to receive a Be the Difference Award!
Do you know an individual, business, nonprofit, or community group who makes their moments matter through volunteerism?
The Annual Be the Difference Awards, hosted by the Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz County and sponsored by Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, honors the top 50 individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses who do the most to transform Santa Cruz County through volunteerism.
Nominations are due by February 24.
The Be the Difference Awards Luncheon will be held on May 8, 2024
at the Cocoanut Grove Ballroom in Santa Cruz, CA.
Tickets to the event will go on sale April 1!
A panel of community leaders reviews nominations with consideration for the amount of volunteer effort, overall impact on the community, and how the nominee inspires others to Be the Difference. Then, on May 8, we all come together to honor these dedicated volunteers at an inspiring awards luncheon at the Cocoanut Grove Ballroom on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk!
Nominating is easy! Here’s how:
- Choose an individual, community group/nonprofit organization, or business to nominate – up to three nominations may be submitted per person, organization, or business.
- Complete this form for each nomination you submit.
- Return the nomination form by February 24, 2024.
- Then, save the date of May 8 and plan to join the fun in honoring the folks who strive to Be the Difference for our community!
Nominees are honored for their volunteer efforts in SIX different categories:
- Arts & Culture
- Building Our Community
- Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Families & Youth
- Health & Wellness
- Social & Economic Justice
And remember – you may nominate
- an individual who makes unpaid contributions of time (and heart!) to help transform the community through volunteerism;
- a nonprofit or community group that utilizes volunteers to support their mission in the county; or
- a local business that gives back to the community by supporting and encouraging employee volunteerism.